Donate to 2010 Annual Appeal
A gift to Penobscot Marine Museum is a gift to Penobscot Bay and Maine, their people, history, and culture. Please help us preserve and share this region’s rich maritime heritage with students, residents and visitors by donating to our annual appeal.
Here's just a sampling of what your support helped us achieve in 2010:
- Our ground-breaking education curriculum received national recognition and expanded into 12 additional schools to serve over 250 students every week.
- We led a team of historians and multimedia experts to document Maine’s last sardine cannery in the final days before it closed.
- We added 10,000 additional images to our growing archives of historic photography
- Students of local middle and high schools worked with our educators and used our archives to document changes in the local environment and collect oral histories.
- The number of museum visitors continued to grow in response to fabulous exhibits, featuring the windjammers of Penobscot Bay and the dioramas of Anne-Emmanuelle Marpeau.
- We hosted a well-attended history conference on the rise and fall of the sardine fishery in Maine
- Thousands attended of presentations of historic photography around the state.
Support from donors like you has made this work possible, and your support now will enable us to continue preserving our heritage for the future. We can do so much more with your help.
A generous donor has offered to match new and increased gifts to the museum, up to $10,000. If you have supported our work in the past, please renew your gift and, if possible, give more this year. It will be a tremendous help!
President, Board of Trustees